Monday, November 24, 2008

Status Report #17: Spreading Chinese Democracy

Hello readers,

Sorry I haven’t been up to date with my Heroes reviews. A few weeks ago I was doing overnight shifts and that messed up my day plans. I’m still playing catch up, outlining my reviews for the last two episodes, and hopefully one will be up before “The Eclipse, Part 1” airs. Thanksgiving is also going to throw me off, but the Christmas hiatus should help even things out, and maybe get some long awaited reviews out.

Also I’m not sure when I’ll get a review out for 24: Redemption, which just aired. Things are obviously a little crazy. But as a taste, I thought the TV movie was a let down. While it was great to see Jack back on TV, the lack of anything else tied to the show made it feel not like 24. Obviously there’s a problem when many of the established characters were killed off, but they couldn’t figure out anything for Chloe or Bill Buchanan to do? Anything?

The final project I hope to do is a retrospective on The Shield, the landmark FX drama that’s airing its final episode this Tuesday. The collapse of everything the Strike Team built up in these final episodes has been stellar, and hopefully its final chapter will be a satisfying culmination of that.

In other news, Arrested Development is apparently going to happen on the big screen. As the one person not upset with Fox over canceling it, I wonder where the movie will go. The finale wrapped up most of the major stories. Also, I’m worried how the movie will do, as the show relied so heavily on in jokes that tailoring it to a mass market may diminish that element of its charm. However, this is a small percent. I’m 99% for this movie and will be there regardless to see the Bluths one more time on the big screen (and hopefully more should it do well).

Speaking of kicked around projects getting release, Chinese Democracy has arrived. Yes, the Guns N’ Roses album 15 years in the making finally came out. While trying to claim my free Dr. Pepper and only getting trouble from their site, I did listen to some of it. As I’ve yet to listen beginning to end, I can’t give a full verdict yet, but modern production has had an effect on the GNR sound no doubt.

Finally, I got a shout out on The Randy Rando Randonopolis Show’s most recent episode “2.4: Deep Throats”. Since they were nice enough to do that, I’ll scratch their back and plug their podcast, a show dedicated to discussing random elements, mainly pop culture. You can get them by searching that name in iTunes or by heading to http://therandyrando.blogspot.com/

Well that is it for now. I hope to continue this, perhaps resuming the dispatches I used to do a few years ago, but stopped as scheduling became difficult. Until then, peace and humptiness forever.

Matt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home